Stone Cement Mixer price
Installing a stone wall may be part of a larger structure or it may stand alone as a property border to keep out strays and prying eyes, and keep in your own loved ones and valuables.
You will find that the cost to install an average stone wall depends upon the length and height of the wall, the evenness and accessibility of the property, the material used and its reinforcing measures, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figures are what the able DIY person should expect to save by performing the complete installation.
Stone wall: built as a perimeter fence, 350 feet of 6' tall stone wall (2100 sq.ft.)
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Stone wall: rubble stone delivered and assembled into a wall with 1/2" mortar joint; including waste and miscellaneous material. 900 hour task.||$11.00||per sq.ft.||2, 250||$24, 750|
|Footing: concrete mixed onsite; 18" wide x 8" deep with #4 reinforcing bar steel including waste and misc. material. 18 hour task.||$3.65||per foot||380||$1, 387|
|Equipment: footing trencher and power cement mixer; including transport and operating fuel.||$0.96||350||$336|
|Equipment and Material Cost||$76||$26, 473|
|+ Labor Cost (stone)||$40||per hour||900||$36, 000|
|+ Labor Cost (concrete)||$34||18||$612|
|Total Cost||$180||per foot||350||$63, 085|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Be certain of property line location and local regulations regarding fence installation setback, and regarding concrete footing requirements.
- This example assumes perfectly even terrain; uneven terrain will increase the price.
- The stone work may not be suitable for DIY.
- Partial DIY with the concrete work may be sutiable for able DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.