October 20, 2017
Mixing Mortar in a Cement Mixer
- Pour approximately 1 gallon (3.79 L) of water into the concrete mixer. Be sure to use the correct amount of water per the cement mix instructions given by your specific mix label. If there is too much water added, the cement mix will come out too thin, become unmanageable, and not dry properly. If there is not enough water, the mix will become too thick, it will not combine thoroughly, and will become unusable.
- Open the cement mix bag from the top and pour the entire contents into the cement mixer.
- Plug in and turn on the concrete mixer to begin mixing the powder cement mix and the water together. If you are working in an area that is does not have power outlets nearby, you can use a generator to run your electric equipment or take the green approach and use a solar powered cement mixer. Allow the mixer to continue mixing until all of the powder is thoroughly mixed with the water and there is no cement mix dust left. Leave the cement mixer on as long as necessary to keep the cement moist and manageable. Because the cement mixer's drum is constantly rotating and the mix is continually moving, it will not able to settle and begin drying leaving it pliable.
- Turn the concrete mixer off before pouring and leaving the machine to continue with the cement portion of your construction.
- Pour the mixed cement into the wheelbarrow to transport to the desired construction site. Most cement mixers will tip and turn to the appropriate location in order to do this with ease.
- Shovel the cement from the wheelbarrow to the necessary location for your construction.
- Repeat the previous steps to mix the appropriate amount of cement for your construction needs.
Ask a Question
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Be sure to set up the cement mixer near the construction site in order to more easily transport the wet cement to the site and be able to make several trips in limited amount of time when necessary.
- If the cement mix is still too thick after allowing the mixer to turn several times, add a little bit of water at a time until the mix reaches the consistency you desire.
Loading...Did you try these steps?
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Share this article
March 13, 2018
December 17, 2017
January 3, 2018