January 11, 2022
Biggest Forklift in the world
There seems to be a world record for everything nowadays, so we've compiled 35 weird world records that have to deal with our industry. Below you'll find records dealing with shipping, material handling, warehouses and much more. All of these world records come directly from the Guinness Book of World Records website:
Cardboard Box World Records
- The world’s largest cardboard box was more than 8, 362 cubic feet, with dimensions of 20’1.2” x 46’1.2” x 9’.3”.
- The world’s largest cardboard box pyramid took 32 hours to build and consisted of nearly 52, 000 perfume boxes reaching 10 feet tall.
- The world’s largest cardboard box sculpture is a medieval castle replica measuring 112 feet long, 7 feet tall and 72 feet long - a total of around 8, 000 square feet.
- The largest box cutter in the world measured 32 inches long, 3 inches wide and 11 inches tall.
Truck World Records
- The largest truck convoy included 416 trucks.
- The world’s largest semi-truck weighs in at more than 71 metric tons (more than 156, 000 pounds).
- The world’s fastest “package loading - unloading” from a truck occurred in Turkey at 16.5 minutes.
- The world’s most fuel efficient 40 ton truck is made by Mercedes Benz and gets about 15 mpg.
- The world’s longest truck-mounted crane arm measures in at more than 282 feet.
Shipping World Records
- Panama is the world’s largest shipping register, with 6, 143 ships and 100 million gross tonnage.
- At 600 ships a day and 1.4 billion gross tonnage a year, The Dover Strait is the busiest shipping lane in the world.
Warehouse and Factory World Records
- The loudest steam whistle belongs to the New York Wire company and is 134 dBA and heard over five miles away.
- The world’s oldest pharmaceutical factory has been in operation in China since the year 1600.
- The world's most industrialized country is Saudi Arabia, where 62% of its GDP comes from industry.
- The most chemically polluted industrial town is located in Russia, where the town’s average life expectancy is only about 45 years old.
- The largest data warehouse is run by IBM and has 3 petabytes of data.
- The most man-hours a factory has gone without injury/accident is more than 211 million in a South Korean factory.
Machines, Material Handling Equipment, and Robots World Records
- The heaviest weight ever lifted by glue is close to 18, 000 pounds by 3M’s “Scotch Weld”. The glue was able to lift an entire forklift loaded with weights.
- The world’s largest ball of plastic wrap is more than 280 pounds and 138 inches in diameter.
- The world’s first safety elevator debuted in 1853
- The world’s smallest robotic tweezers are made to hold objects no larger than 10 micrometers.
- The strongest robot arm can hold more than 2, 600 pounds.
- The world’s fastest robot at solving a Rubik’s Cube can do so in 5.2 seconds.
- The first case of a robot killing a human happened in 1979.
- The world’s largest spring steel mosaic weighs over 500 pounds, is more than 110 feet and contains 2 million spring steel pieces.
- The world’s largest paper clip weighs more than 1, 150 pounds, is 30.5 feet tall and 9 feet wide.
- The largest piece of art consisting only of screws depicts the poet Homer, and contains more than 235, 000 metal screws.
- The largest t-shaped broom is more than 38 feet long and almost 20 feet wide.
Tape World Records
- The world’s fastest time to duct tape yourself to a wall is 2 minutes and 12 seconds. The fastest time to have someone else duct tape you to a wall is 41 seconds.
- The world’s largest ball of magnetic tape is more than 1, 250 pounds and nearly seven feet tall and wide.
- The world’s largest ball of any type of tape is nearly 13 feet in circumference and 2, 000 pounds.
Random World Records Set in Warehouses or with Material Handling Equipment
- The most plastic bottles recycled in an 8-hour period took place in a warehouse in China and included more than 19, 400 pounds of bottles recycled.
Share this article
August 20, 2020
March 6, 2017
August 17, 2017