Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
This is a general laborer position performed in a manufacturing environment. This position requires that material including glass be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the glass/object throughout the plant. The "team concept" instituted for shop floor production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job. The worker is responsible for maintaining his work area, inventory control, Quality control in relation to the product being assembled and meeting production goals set by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- On/off-loading of glass from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily.
- Position requires standing and walking on a concrete floor while wearing steel-toed shoes for eight or more hours daily.
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Understanding of units of measurement and ability to perform general mathematical equations
- Previous Plant/Warehouse environment experience
- Previous glass handling experience.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted on a regular basis including carrying, pushing, and pulling motions
- Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move the glass/object through the glass fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching)
- Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver glass/objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others
- Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- Candidates who are needing assistance may use our on-site kiosk at 1611 NE Commerce Avenue, Battle Ground, WA 98604
- When applying, please provide full employment history. In addition, you may attach a resume.
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!